Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Life Updates

I finally did it!

After 6 weeks of using every excuse in the book (including the shop, the holidays, sleeping and decorating) I FINALLY dragged by butt back to the gym this morning. Woo hoo! I get a big high five for this, cause that first day back is always the hardest, plus there's the shame of finally showing your face and having the trainers ask, "so where have you been?" Awesome. But I did it, and am feeling better already. I just have to re-train myself to get up super-early and we'll be all set. Did I mention I'm also trying to cut back on coffee? Yikes.

So now that my workouts are getting back on track, time to report on that cleaning challenge I took on.

Remember that 30-Day Cleaning Schedule I decided to tackle? Well, I still say it's awesome, although I do admit I took a total hiatus from the thing for the last 3 weeks or so. Whoops. But I've gotten back on track with the challenge this week as well, and it really is amazing. Nice small-sized jobs that are easy to tackle instead of waking up on Sunday morning and realizing that today you have to vaccuum, swiffer, dust, do laundry, clean the bathrooms, change the bedding and deal with the huge explosion of "stuff" that seems to have happened on your dining room table. SO much better!

For example, my job today is to deep clean the living room, which means dust artwork and odd spots I don't normally reach, and wipe down the baseboards. That's it. No tidying is even required today. Not too bad, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment