Thursday, February 23, 2012

Flea Market Finds

I haven't blogged about thrifiting or flea markets in a while, and since my husband and I just found something AMAZING I thought I should share...

I had managed to drag Ilya to a flea market (NOT his idea of a fun Sunday morning) a couple of weeks ago to help me lift a table I remembered seeing there. Well the table was no longer there, but while we were wandering around Ilya suggested we check out one of the "antique" buildings. As soon as we walked in we both made a beeline straight for this huge, distressed harvest table we saw.


We loved it so much, we decided we just had to have it despite the fact that it was not in the budget, and we did already have a dining table. Whoops. Sometimes, these things just happen!

Luckily, it did actually occur to me that we should go home and measure the opening of our front door to make sure we could actually fit it inside the house if we brought it home. (I am never this organized, so I was very pleased with myself for thinking of this.) Turns out we had 2 inches to spare, so I zipped back up to flea market and bought the table.

The next weekend we recruited our large, strong friend to help us move it (it's solid wood and 7 1/2 feet long, so not a small feat), and we now have an awesome new dining table. And we didn't have to do a single thing to it! We love it!!!


What do you think??

1 comment: