Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Refinishing with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint at Relish!

Ok time for the unveiling....  I've been working on a gorgeous drop-leaf table, and it is now all done, re-assembled and on display. Have a look!


This table is also very cute without the leaves attached....


For this table, I tried out a new product that becoming crazy-popular: Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I LOVE this stuff. It coats wonderfully, is completely user-friendly (you can mix your own colours, water it down for a whitewash, thicken it, distress it, wax it, do multiple colour layers, you name it!), it's incredibly low VOC, and it turns out beautifully. And most importantly, there is no surface prep required!!! Yep, that's right, no sanding, no stripping. I think I'm in love.

Now here are the before and work-in-progress photos for this table....

the old, untouched table - kinda boring brown finish

old table with a couple of coats of whitewash on the top - this is the matte, unwaxed finish

And these are the legs - all painted up, but only the right-hand leg has been distressed. See how distressing brings out the detail? Gorgeous!

Now for this table, I did play around with the Annie Sloan colours I picked up. I started off my supplies with a can of Pure White, a can of Duck Egg Blue, and also a couple of sample pots of Antibes Green and Barcelona Orange (cause I just can't resist the neon colours!). The colour on this table is a mixture of White, Duck Egg, and Antibes Green - of course I don't remember the proportions, but I think it was something close to 1:1:1.

Stay tuned - coming up is a taste of all the really great new vintage pieces in Relish right now, and there are some serious gems!

No comments:

Post a Comment