Thursday, October 11, 2012

More Pumpkin!

You'd think after Thanksgiving weekend that we'd all be totally maxed out on our pumpkin consumption, but for some reason this time of year makes me want to eat endless pumpkin desserts, cook endless roasts, and have lots of bonfires.

I have to say my mom made possibly the best pumpkin dessert of all time with her pumpkin brownies (so good I even ate them for breakfast!), but this cake comes in at a very close second!

I had a craving all of a sudden for pumpkin layer cake, so I made a special trip to the store for those specific ingredients (pumpkin puree, butter, cream cheese) and went to work!

I'm telling you this cake is so good that it doesn't even need icing! However, when there's an excuse to smother something in cream-cheese icing, who can resist?

Icing made from cream cheese, butter, pumpkin puree, vanilla and icing sugar. Yum!!

Why didn't I start with a bigger bowl, and why aren't I using a food processor to mix this?? There was icing sugar EVERYWHERE.

Of course, once the cake was done, it looked gorgeous - icing between the two cake layers, and spread all over the top and sides. But I forgot to take a photo when I was finished, and Ilya and dug right in. It didn't last too long at our house! Oops!

Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone, and Happy Autumn. It's my favourite time of year, so I hope you're all enjoying the beautiful leaves, the smell of woodstoves, and your favourite sweater.


No comments:

Post a Comment