Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Love You, Mexico!

Yay, Mexico!

For those of you who don't know, I just returned from a fantastic vacation in southern Baja, Mexico. I had never been before, and it was incredible. I was struck most of all by the totally foreign landscape - completely arid desert everywhere!

Despite seeming desolate at first, there were so many kinds of amazing plants growing everywhere!

And the cacti were enourmous! I had to take this photo with the car in it, just to capture the size of this thing!

Even the road to the beach looked like this.

Luckily, being a long peninsula, there was coastline everwhere, so tons of beaches...

...and lots of surfing! (not that I can surf at all, but I sure am good at watching!)

Ahh, another day at the beach (actually at a beautiful oasis of palm trees).

The town we spent most of the week in was Todos Santos - totally charming, dusty, quiet little place with absolutely perfect weather all the time.

More Todos Santos...

High five for the use of ridiculously bright colours on houses!

I miss you already, Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment