Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Re-invention of Thrift

Today's post is about the reinvention of thrift store and second-hand items. There are so many great finds at thrift stores and flea markets that just get passed over, but with a little love and attention, they can be turned into some seriously stunning scores!

I scored this sideboard for $30!! All it needed was a fresh coat of paint, and now it is just the coolest. The wooden frame on the wall is actually from a sidewalk sale. It was falling apart, but a coat of white spraypaint, and voila! And those lamps are original 1970s from my grandparents' basement. Serious score, and lovely with new lampshades.

I got this chair at my neighbour's garage sale (thanks Lindsay!), spray-painted it blue and covered the seat in a scrap of fabric I had. It's one of my favourites.

And this cute little plant stand was all rusty when I discovered it. Gotta love that spray paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment