Monday, January 10, 2011

Here We Go!

Well, here we go!

Since we're now well into January, I finally had to cave and take down my Christmas tree. So now this is what the corner of my living room looks like. Empty. Now my to-do list will include some furniture re-arranging...


Now, I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions, but this year I've made two: to start a blog (check!) and to learn how to use Facebook. I know, this second one seems silly, but I really can't seem to get my head around it. I've had a Facebook account for a couple of years, and still can't figure out how to post photos. So that will be my project for later this week. Sadly, I think this will include several mind-numbing hours of watching tutorials on YouTube. Yuck.

So back to the starting-a-blog resolution. My plan for this space is to share with you all kinds of things: amazing/pretty/super-cool things I come across in my travels or online, funny stories that happen to me and the trials, tribulations and (most importantly) successes of all the little projects I create for myself around the house.

For example, today's project was to finally install curtains in our bedroom. I'm ashamed to say it, but we've lived in this house for 3 years, and I still had not put up curtains. (Luckily, our windows face a wall, so privacy's not too big of an issue, but still!) Trying to drill holes into 120-year old walls is tricky. First, the walls are double-brick, then lathe-and-plaster, so do I need plugs for solid walls, or hollow walls? I never know, so always just end up guessing. So I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. Here is the result....

Before......

After.....


Made a few really messy holes in the wall, but luckily managed to cover them up. Here's hoping we don't wake up to curtain rods falling on our head in the night!

2 comments:

  1. That yellow wall is just awesome! And the beautiful teal curtains are perfect! I would never have known there were holes in the wall anywhere! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yep, the curtains cover up those holes nicely. Gotta love that camouflage!

    ReplyDelete