Monday, January 24, 2011

The Inside Joys of Winter

As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I am not a cold-weather person. Especially with this weekend's very much sub-zero temperatures. I only leave the house when absolutely required - to walk my dog. But once I'm outside even I have to admit that, despite the temperature, the snow does make everything look lovely...

Snow-covered seed heads on tall grasses in our garden.


Snow-covered candleholder that I never remember to bring indoors for the winter.

However, my favourite winter activities still involve snuggling up indoors to enjoy the weather......


Beautiful frost crawling across our house's old drafty windows (doesn't this look like trees?).

And the perfect excuse to make comfort food & snacks like my nana's recipe for Nuts & Bolts. A total old-school snack, not health food, and not really good for you at all, but damn delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment