Monday, January 17, 2011

In Our Own Back Yard!

Sadly, I didn't make it down to Art Crawl this past Friday, but I was checking out HMag over the weekend and discovered that HIStory + HERitage has a very cool exhibit on display called "SLEEK: Hamilton's Modernist Residential Architecture". (The exhibit will be open until Feb 11, 2011 at HIStory + HERitage at 165 James Street North.)

There are some seriously cool examples of modern homes in this exhibit, not to mention amazing mid-century and vintage decor. And a couple of these homes are even in my neighbourhood! Photos and the locations of the homes can be seen online at Historical Hamilton. My favourite is the Gerrie House, which I've walked by with my dog a hundred times. So, so cool. Here are a few photos of the Gerrie House, taken by photographer Jeff Tessier. Definately take the time to head downtown and check out this exhibit!


Photo credit to Jeff Tessier.

Um, please check the pendant lights above the dining table, the shag rug, the adorable floral prints on the wall, and the drop-dead-gorgeous hide-covered chairs...

Photo credit to Jeff Tessier.

Did I mention the chairs? I'm drooling.


Photo credit to Jeff Tessier.


No comments:

Post a Comment